Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Meeting Lady † Gaga - 5 † 23 † 2011


This weekend I traveled to NYC for Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" release-day signing, at the Best Buy in Union Square. Took a bus on Sunday, from Concord, NH to Boston, MA, & transfered to New York, NY. After dropping stuff off at our rad friend's house (Hope... love you! Thank you, again!), I cabbed it to Union Square. Got there 8:30ish PM to find quite the line across the street from Best Buy. I also noticed a heated debate in front of Best Buy so I went there first, because Best Buy had been less than forthcoming about how things would be handled. Listening in didn't clear much up, but I did get to talk to a couple of the people who had been keeping the crowd across the street organized. They were actually keeping a numbered list & I was happy to here that I was number 135. YAY!!! (FYI, the limit was 500. 50 wristbands had been given that day, to folks who purchased a new phone & 2 year contract. So 450 was our cutoff.)

My friend Miguel, who I met last November in a Madonna line, had been torturing himself about going. Without having to do too much arm twisting, he joined me in line. YES!
Miguel


We also bonded with three other people in line. One of them was Jon, from New Jersey, who's 25 & adorable! We were suppose to leave our gifts for Gaga in a basket, which I did, but Jon smuggled in a stuffed monster & a bottle of Jamison... in his pants. My Hero :)
Jon


The other two, Mikey & Marissa, were already friends. Both are from New York & both are 19. They each told their parents that they were staying at the other persons house that night. Love it!
Mikey


Marissa


We kept each other comfortable, entertained, and fought off the rain together (as well as our feelings toward the grumpy NYPD). One of the best parts about being fanatical is making equally fanatical friends!

So after being awake for 24 hours, we got Gaga's new CD (I got the standard version, too) & our bracelets!!! YAY

We got back into line around 5 PM (give or take... I'd had an hour nap so I'm not sure). The event was scheduled from 9 - 11 PM. It didn't actually begin until 10:20ish PM. Gaga hugged & kissed EVERYONE, engaged everyone in conversation, & was accommodating of everyone's requests. That doesn't happen, folks! She did that for all 500 of us, plus Best Buy employees. Lady Gaga signed for FIVE hours. She's truly special!

At 1:18 AM I had my moment, and all of the waiting was SO worth it!!!

The event streamed live online & Miguel had his boyfriend, Jerry, record my moment. Those two are keepers!!!


The only thing missing in the video was when I first got on stage ("You & I" had just started playing), after looking into my eyes & seeing that I was crumbling, Gaga grabbed my hand & twirled me, & she had me twirl her (I "danced" with Lady Gaga!!!). After the twirling, she kissed my cheek & gave me a huge hug!!

I then showed her my Mother Monster tattoo & she loved it & said she wants to get one similar (squeal), & commented on how sweet it was (to have her monster paw bursting through the sheet music for Speechless).

After that, she signed my wrist with "Lady†Gaga" (which has been tattooed on).


How could I NOT cry?


Before

After


She then hugged me again, while saying "thank you for believing in me. I will always believe in you." I was so overwhelmed, I almost left without my Born This Way booklet, but she stopped me & signed it. She asked if my name was spelled with an I or a Y & said "what a beautiful name, Wendy!"

I cried so much before, during & after, I'm surprised I haven't needed an intravenous.

I LOVE you Lady Gaga!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for your kindness & generosity! I will always believe in you, too! God Bless You! OX

And one last thanks to my beloved wife, who didn't even blink at my desire to run off to another state for 2 days, to fawn over another woman. Thank you, Michelle! I love you, sweetheart!!! OX

1 comment:

  1. wow,... this is off the hook! i cannot believe these pics. that is just amazing wendy. so fucking cool, i cannot even describe. awesome!

    ReplyDelete